I was invented the same year as the modern Hollywood blockbuster. To celebrate this, I have taken a notion to watch the top 3 grossing films from every year of the first decade of my life. Some points worth considering here:
- The question of going by total worldwide vs. domestic box office. Domestic means I can do "Animal House" instead of "Jaws 2" and "Kramer vs. Kramer" and "The Amityville Horror" instead of "Moonraker", but I'm having a hard time justifying missing "Alien".
- I have seen a lot of these. Science dictates that I must do it again.
- Star Wars. The movie is called Star Wars. I don't give a good goddamn what George says.
- Related: I will only watch the despecialized editions.
- Wow, there's a lot of Stallone here. Can any one man process that much?
- Raiders, the movie that proved that it's okay not only to punch Nazis but also melt their faces off of their skulls, will be watched in black and white. I may do the actual Soderbergh silent cut. WHY NOT BOTH?